Tell Congress - TRAIN Act is a Trainwreck!
House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R–Va.) recently announced his legislative priorities for the upcoming months and once again they are dominated by attacks on health and environmental safeguards.
Rep. Cantor takes aim at twelve clean air safeguards. For every year that these twelve clean air safeguards are blocked by Rep. Cantor and his House GOP colleagues, the harmful consequences would be:
- Up to 38,600 additional premature deaths;
- Over 19,000 more heart attacks;
- Over 205,000 additional asthma attacks;
- Over 4 million more days when Americans will miss work or school due to the health hazards of air pollution; and
- The elimination of Clean Air Act authority to reduce dangerous heat-trapping air pollution from the biggest industrial polluters.
Congress is about to vote on Rep. Eric Cantor’s toxic TRAIN Act (HR 2401) - this legislation would yield 25,000 more premature deaths, 120,000 more asthma attacks, and 11,000 more heart attacks – EACH YEAR – if it passes.
One call to your member of Congress could make all the difference!
Tell your House member to vote NO on HR 2401. Call the U.S. Capitol Switchboard at (202)224-3121 and ask for your representative's office. Or take action by sending an email here.
- 1 of 2