Radon

Radon is an odorless gas that results from the decay of uranium in the soil –it is estimated that more than half the ionizing radiation that most people are exposed to in their lifetime comes from exposure to radon. Radon is the leading cause of non-smoking related lung cancer (EPA, 2010). You can not see, taste or smell radon.

The Council urges all residents to test their homes for radon. If radon reading are elevated there are available solutions to lower radon levels.

For more information contact the Council's Radon Specialist:
Norman Feldman: (215) 567-4004 ext 101 (Wednesday only)
.

To combat the health risks from radon, the Environmental Protection Agency has declared January "National Radon Action Month." Home kits are available and home radon tests should be conducted every two years.

For information about testing please contact us.

rss