Air Quality Education for Health Professionals
Clean Air Council offers free workshops for physicians, nurses, community health center workers, medical students and any other health care professionals who are interested in learning about air quality and its effect on public health.
Presentation topics and materials include:
- Types and sources of indoor and outdoor air pollution
- Brief research overview of how air pollution affects health and health care utilization
- Strategies for reducing exposure to indoor air pollution (e.g., mold remediation, non-toxic pest management)
- Outdoor strategies for reducing exposure to air pollution (e.g., how to read and use the Air Quality Index, community advocacy)
- Improving communication with patients about air quality issues
- Patient and environmental advocacy
- Local resources related to air pollution and improving air quality
These free workshops can be tailored to meet the needs of your organization and staff. If you have questions about these workshops or would like Clean Air Council to provide a workshop for your organization, please contact Katie Edwards.
Past presentations include: PennLung Center, Temple Lung, Mercy LIFE (St. Agnes), City of Philadelphia Health Centers, Thomas Jefferson University Medical Students and Fellows (JeffSTARS & Nemours), PACHC, among others.