Jobs and Internships
Clean Air Council Organizer Position
Job Type: Organizer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Postition: Full-time or Part-time
Application Deadline: Post will be closed when filled
The organizer will be responsible for working with communities in South and Southwest Philadelphia related to existing and proposed fossil fuel infrastructure projects in Philadelphia. The organizer will assist residents of Philadelphia in participating in the regulatory process, organize residents to advocate for healthy air quality, and work with a growing coalition of organizations on a campaign to limit the expansion of proposed fossil fuel energy projects. The organizer will report directly to the Community Outreach Director.
- Listen to, learn about, and document concerns of residents in neighborhoods close to existing or proposed pollution sources.
- Track the status of new and existing fossil fuel facilities and update residents about opportunities for public involvement.
- Create or raise awareness about online and on-the-ground opportunities for action on energy hub infrastructure projects.
- Organize educational events and public forums and develop educational materials to educate neighborhoods on the air and health impacts of fossil fuel projects.
- Attend public events to represent the Council, share information and mobilize residents.
- Use social media campaigns to raise awareness, advance the coalition’s goals, and build power.
- Conduct media outreach as needed.
- At least 1 year of organizing, education, or community outreach experience.
- The ability to quickly learn new issues well enough to teach others.
- Excellent research, written and oral communications skills.
- Previous experience working on or leading issue campaigns is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in working in a team.
- Must be comfortable working in a crowded and sometimes noisy working environment when in the office.
- Must attend occasional evening and weekend events or meetings as part of the work week.
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
Minorities and women are strongly encouraged to apply. A strong preference will be given for residents of South and Southwest Philadelphia (areas near the refinery).
How to Apply: (Please download and read the attached job carefully before applying)
If you are qualified for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Matt Walker, Community Outreach Director, at email@example.com. Please cc John Lee (firstname.lastname@example.org) and use the subject “CAC Organizer Application_LAST NAME.”
Format ALL attachments as: "Lastname_Firstname_Filename" (e.g. Doe_John_Resume). Do not send letters of recommendation or references at this time.
|Clean Air Council Organizer Position.pdf||71.64 KB|
About the Clean Air Council
The Clean Air Council is a member-supported, nonprofit environmental organization dedicated to protecting everyone's right to breathe clean air. The Council works through public education, community advocacy, and government oversight to ensure enforcement of environmental laws.
The Council was founded in 1967 by a group of forward-looking community leaders, policy makers, and progressive business leaders. Headquartered in